I remember my affliction and my wandering,
the bitterness and the gall.
I well remember them,
and my soul is downcast within me.
Yet this I call to mind
and therefore I have hope:
Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him.”
The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him,
to the one who seeks him;
it is good to wait quietly
for the salvation of the Lord.
It is good for a man to bear the yoke
while he is young.
Let him sit alone in silence,
for the Lord has laid it on him.
Let him bury his face in the dust—
there may yet be hope.
Let him offer his cheek to one who would strike him,
and let him be filled with disgrace.
For no one is cast off
by the Lord forever.
Though he brings grief, he will show compassion,
so great is his unfailing love.
For he does not willingly bring affliction
or grief to anyone.
- I'm better at interviews! Not only have I had a lot of them over the summer, I've had a lunch interview and a panel interview for the first time
- I'm confident that I can present myself professionally, and be a serious candidate at a company with very high standards
- I had to overcome my fear of driving on the interstate, three times
- I grew my design portfolio and experience by designing a website, Facebook pages, Twitter profiles, and YouTube channel.
- I learned more about social media scheduling, and how to increase interaction
- I learned to deal with disappointments, even though I didn't always handle them well at the time
- Through all of it, I've developed more patience and perseverance
And remember that back in the spring, I sent an article to a craft magazine? I got to preview the spread yesterday! They accepted it, and I'm going to be PUBLISHED! I'll share more details with you as it gets closer, but suffice it to say that "excited" is an understatement!
I've been thinking a lot about what I'm doing during this waiting time. How am I using this time while I'm not working? How can I make the most of the time I have?
Have you ever experienced a time period of waiting? Did you you make the most of it, or looking back now, what would you do differently? I'd love to read your thoughts in the comments!