By now, you've probably seen a few dozen blog posts/magazine articles about the spring fashion trends. I'm a little late to the party, but here's my spin on it: ethical ways to wear the trends.
1. LaceYou'll see lots of lace this spring, and since my style is a mix of classic and romantic, I'm super happy about it. The light and airy lacy tops shown above by Zara and Massimo Dutti are perfect for spring.
2. Black and WhiteA back to basics trend, black and white is everywhere. The good news is, it's classic, and will always be in style. Black and white polka dots or stripes are a great way to go.
3. StripesSpeaking of stripes, this is another major trend this spring. A classic boat neck top or sheath dress are easy to accessorize, and add some nautical flair.
4. Peekaboo PiecesI have mixed feelings about this trend. Peekaboo pieces like the white Zara top in the lower left corner, cutouts, and sheer panels are going to be popular for the warmer months this year.
5. Tribal Prints and PatternsThis trend is perfect for fair trade pieces. Local artisans employ the native techniques of their regions and provide the world with beautiful, unique artwork to wear.
6. Florals and PastelsWhat's spring without florals and pastels? Punch it up this season with some neon accessories!
Why Zara and Massimo Dutti? This post isn't sponsored, but I discovered while searching the internet for ethical fashion that was actually trendy was hard to find. Zara and Massimo Dutti have Free2Work grades of A-, which means they're just a step behind fair trade companies like Good and Fair. Another great place to shop right now is H&M. They have launched a line of sustainable clothing and are encouraging shoppers to donate their old clothes at their stores to be recycled. Very cool! And for trendy fair trade accessories, you can't go wrong with Noonday Collection.
Where are you shopping this spring? For tons of other ideas, follow my Fashion for Freedom Pinterest board! Share any great finds with us in the comments!
P.S. This is your last chance to subscribe to the Scribbles Newsletter to get your free birthday card printable! The newsletter will go out this evening!