Taking time to be thankful on a Monday evening...
556. Breakfast, Bible Study, and journaling on the patio. That's Greek yogurt and blackberries there in my bowl. I've really enjoyed spending some quiet time outside in the mornings, since it's been a little cooler here lately.
557. Early mornings. I've been trying to get up at 5:30 a.m. to help Brian with his lunch and see him off to work. Then I eat my breakfast and exercise. I've really enjoyed having more time in the mornings!
558. A wonderful weekend with the youth group. On Saturday, we had a youth group service project followed by swimming at the senior pastor's house. We cleaned the youth room, which hadn't even been vacuumed in at least the year we've been attending church there, if not longer. We also cleaned the carpets, which was very needed.
It was a blessing to work alongside the teens. They had such good attitudes and servant's hearts, and were downright hilarious! Afterwards, I finally felt like they liked us. In the whole time we've been leading the group, I've always felt a little resented, and finally after working and playing together Saturday, I really feel like they do like us and are glad we're there.
559. A wonderful Sunday. Brian did a great job teaching Sunday school in the morning and youth group that evening. I really enjoyed both lessons, and I think the teens did too.
560. I have an amazing husband. I really do. Sometimes his insight and thoughtfulness just blow me away. Sunday night one of the guys was really getting on my nerves. He tends to be disruptive and more than a little annoying most of the time, and it was really bad during youth group. Brian got onto him about something and the kid walked off and went outside. Brian took time to follow him out there and talk one on one to find out what was really going on in his life. He then and offered to help the situations that were most on his mind by giving him some math tutoring and taking him to the church men and boy's campout this weekend.
And even though he strained his back this week and is in quite a bit of pain, he's trying hard to keep a positive attitude, which I really appreciate.
561. Next weekend is the Women of Faith Conference in Phoenix! I can't wait!
562. The weekend after that is the Ladies' Retreat! Brian had to force me to go last year, and I had such a great time. I'm really looking forward to this year. September is going to fly by with all these weekend events.
563. October 3rd is the tentative launch for my new blog endeavor! I'm very excited, even though there is a lot to be done in the meantime.
564. Friday is the first day of fall. It's been a little cooler here in the valley, at least in the mornings, and it definitely feels like it. I'm hoping to do some fall clothes shopping here in the next couple weeks so that I have some new things to wear to the conferences, and just because!
So now I want to know, what are you grateful for this week? Did any special gifts come your way?